1/8 of a watermelon (around 1kg)
10g lemon grass
100ml white wine vinegar
30ml lime juice
40g lemon grass
5ml olive oil
5g diced garlic
100ml neutral oil
10ml cucumber water
40g codium algae
20g Baru Baron’s Baru Seeds
300ml cucumber water
Parsley sprouts, small basil leaves, black salt and charcoal oil for a finishing touch
1. Cook the lemon grass and vinegar for 20min in a covered pot. Strain and save for later.
2. Cut the watermelon in pieces, discarding the whites.
3. Place watermelon in a bag with previously saved vinegar, lime juice and basil
4. Vacuum and leave in the fridge for 30min.
5. Take watermelon out of the bag and make small portions, removing the seeds.
1. Grate the cucumber and slice the lemon grass, parsley and coriander.
2. Mix with other ingredients in a bowl and leave in the fridge for 3h.
3. Strain the water at the bottom and save for later.
Mix oil and charcoal, and strain with a cloth.
1. Slice cucumber with a mandoline, in thin slices.
2. Place in a bag with 10ml cucumber water and vacuum seal it; open it and roll slices
1. On a small plate, place the cucumber water, two pieces of watermelon and a piece of codium over each piece of watermelon.
2. Add 3 strips of rolled cucumber and 3 baru seeds.
3. Finish with black salt, parsley sprouts, basil leaves and charcoal oil.