A simple and easy recipe, that can also be #glutenfree if you use gluten-free oats and chocolate.
1 cup quick oats
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate
1/2 cup coarsely chopped Baru Baron’s Baru Seeds
1 cup water
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 min, just enough water to cover them
2. Dry-roast baru seeds in a pan until golden brown. Let it cool. Place them in a food processor to coarsely chop them.
3. Double boil chocolate with the cup of water until creamy and smooth.
4. Drain dates, put them into food processor. Scrape down sides with a spatula to blend it nicely.
5. Add quick oats, chopped baru and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
6. Place parchment paper inside a bread pan. Pour mix evenly into it, and with damp fingers, spread it to cover surface evenly.
8. Sprinkle some chopped baru over it.
9. Leave it in the fridge for a full hour.
10. Lift parchment paper to release brownie from pan. Cut brownies and serve.
Brownies will last up to five days in a hermetically sealed container.