2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
1/3 cup peeled Baru Baron’s baru seeds
2 small garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the basil leaves and baru seeds into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.
2. Add the garlic and Parmesan cheese and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
3. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Adding the olive oil slowly, while the processor is running, will help it emulsify and help keep the olive oil from separating. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
4. Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
5. Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or spread onto crackers or toasted slices of bread.