1 cup carnaroli or arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup leek, finely chopped
1/3 cup Baru Baron’s Baru Seeds, chopped
2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp double cream
Sea salt and pepper to taste
5 cherry tomatoes
1 litre hot vegetable stock
1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onion in the olive oil until tender.
2. Add rice and wine, stirring for 10 minutes. Stir half of the vegetable stock into the rice 250ml at a time, until it is absorbed.
3. In a large frying pan, sautee mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes, adding salt and pepper.
4. Add leek and cook until tender.
5. Add mushrooms and leek into pot, stirr in what’s left of stock until rice is al dente.
6. When rice has finished cooking, add double cream and parsley.
7. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add more butter if not creamy enough.
8. Remove from heat. Add tomatoes in halves, sprinkle with baru seeds. Serve hot.