2 packages active dry yeast
4 cups flour
1 cup Baru Baron’s Baru Flour
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Cover and wait for 60min or until it bubbles.
2. Add eggs, yolk, oil, salt, and beat until smooth.
3. In a separate container, mix the remaining flour with baru powder.
4. Stir in remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. Knead for 15-20 minutes until dough is smooth, elastic and not sticking.
5. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2h.
6.Punch dough down. Knead for another 15-20 min. Allow it to rise again for 1h.
7. Divide dough in half. Braid halves on a greased, large loaf pan. Allow it to rise for another 30 min.
8. Pre-heat oven to 370°F (200°C). Bake for 30 min.
9. Lower temp to 350°F (180°C) and bake for another 10 min until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped.