A simple and easy recipe, that can also be gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats and chocolate.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Baru Baron's baru seeds
- 1 cup water
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 min, just enough water to cover them
- Dry-roast baru seeds in a pan until golden brown. Let it cool. Place them in a food processor to coarsely chop them.
- Double boil chocolate with the cup of water until creamy and smooth.
- Drain dates, put them into food processor. Scrape down sides with a spatula to blend it nicely.
- Add quick oats, chopped baru and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Place parchment paper inside a bread pan. Pour mix evenly into it, and with damp fingers, spread it to cover surface evenly.
- Sprinkle some chopped baru over it.
- Leave it in the fridge for a full hour.
- Lift parchment paper to release brownie from pan. Cut brownies and serve.
- Brownies will last up to five days in a hermetically sealed container!