Brazilian Style Baru Rice
- 1 cup parboiled or jasmine rice
- ¼ cup peeled, chopped Baru Baron's baru seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onion until tender. Add garlic and stir. Add rice.
- Stir rice regularly until opaque. Add hot water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, ~20 min.
- Fluff with a fork, stir in the baru seeds. Enjoy!