A really easy, wonderful paleo and gluten-free recipe adapted from @drjoshaxe
Gluten-free Paleo Muffins with Baru Flour and Cacao Nibs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 1/4 cup honey, OR 1 full dropper of liquid vanilla stevia OR 2 tablespoons coconut sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Baru Baron' baru flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cacao nibs (replace half with chocolate chips for a treat)
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re lighter in color. Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together until well mixed. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine thoroughly, then let the mixture sit for 2 minutes.
- Add paper liners to a muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full (they will puff up) and bake for 13–15 minutes or until golden brow.