An incredibly easy recipe to do at home. You can use the leftover baru meal in oatmeal and smoothies, or dry it in a low oven for baked goods!
- 1 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds
- 2 cups water, plus more for soaking
- Sweeteners like maple syrup (optional)
- Measuring cup
- Blender or food processor
- Fine-mesh nut bag or cheese cloth
- Soak the baru seeds in a bowl covered with an inch of water. Do it overnight or up to 2 days in the fridge. The more you soak, the creamier the milk.
- Drain and rinse the baru under cool running water.
- Combine the baru and water in the blender/food processor. If you like thinner milk, you can add more water.
- Blend until baru is broken to a fine meal and water is white and opaque.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with the nut milk bag or cheese cloth, and pour the mixture into the strainer.
- Gather the nut bag or cheese cloth around the baru mixture and twist close. Press all the baru milk from the baru meal.
- Sweeten to taste! Lasts in a sealed container for up to 2 days.