MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH BARU SEEDS
- 1 cup carnaroli or arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup leek, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds, chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp double cream
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onion in the olive oil until tender.
- Add rice and wine, stirring for 10 minutes. Stir half of the vegetable stock into the rice 250ml at a time, until it is absorbed.
- In a large frying pan, sautee mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes, adding salt and pepper.
- Add leek and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and leek into pot, stirr in what's left of stock until rice is al dente.
- When rice has finished cooking, add double cream and parsley.
- Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add more butter if not creamy enough.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes in halves, sprinkle with baru seeds. Serve hot.