Date and baru seed crust, avocado and key lime filling, topped with lime zest. Quick, easy, and raw!
Key Lime Pie Cups
- 1 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds
- 1¼ cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked and drained
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 6 key limes, juiced
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk*
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Coconut milk, to garnish
- Lime zest, to garnish
- Place baru seeds in a high powered blender and blend until it becomes ground.
- Next, add the dates and coconut oil. Blend together until it forms a sticky paste.
- Place about an ⅛th of a cup of the base into each muffin slot. Use a spatula to press the base layer down and spread evenly.
- Spoon the avocados into a high powered blender.
- Next, add the lime juice, maple syrup, and coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the lime mixture onto the prepared base layer.
- Using a toothpick swirl a very small amount of coconut milk onto the top of each cup to decorate.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
- Allow the cups to sit out for 5-10 minutes before gently pushing the edges down to loosen each cup and scoop out to serve.
- Top with grated lime zest.
Notes: Use the hardened coconut in the can not the liquid part.