- 1 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds, peeled
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt, more depending upon your preference
- In a food processor, grind the peeled baru seeds until they form a paste.
- Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan over gently simmering water, or in the microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate in the processor and blend well.
- The resulting homemade barutella will be thin and somewhat runny and maybe even a little warm but it will thicken as it cools. Scrape your homemade barutella into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cover the container after snitching several spoonfuls. The barutella will keep on the counter for up to 2 weeks. Delish!