- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves and baru seeds into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan cheese and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Adding the olive oil slowly, while the processor is running, will help it emulsify and help keep the olive oil from separating.
- Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or spread onto crackers or toasted slices of bread. Yum!