Baru Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup chopped Baru Baron's roasted baru seeds
- 1 cup chopped apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven at 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set apart the baking soda.
- In a bowl, mix all other dry ingredients.
- Add butter at room temperature. Beat eggs lightly and combine.
- Mix baking soda and water. Combine into mixture.
- With a 60 ml (¼ cup) ice cream scoop, place dough balls on baking sheet. Press the balls so that they are about 2-cm (¾-inch) thick.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Enjoy!