Baru Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup peeled Baru Baron's baru seeds
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Sicilian lemon zest
- Juice from 1 sicilian lemon
- 1 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp baru powder or any other gluten free flour (if necessary)
- Soak baru seeds for 24hrs. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°C
- Place in food processor all ingredients but baru powder. Mix coarsely. You can add just a tiny bit of water to bind mix, but no more than 2tbsp, followed by a bit of baru powder or another gluten-free flour.
- Season to taste and make patties.
- Place patties onto baking sheet and bake for 15-20 min, flipping them midway.