Decadent Baru Brownie – by chef Guga Rocha
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbps chocolate powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup powdered eggs
- 1 cup table cream
- 1/4 tsp fleur de sel
- 1/3 cup Baru Baron's baru seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 1 teaspoon of butter. Place the rest of the butter in a medium bowl with 1 cup of the chocolate chips and microwave at low potency for about 1 min or until it melts.
- Mix with a spatula until smooth. If necessary, microwave for another minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered eggs with the water until smooth. Stirring, slowly add the sugar. Mix with a spatula as you would eggnog, until smooth.
- Add the mixed butter and chocolate set aside and mix.
- In the same bowl, sift the flour, fleur de sel and powdered chocolate.
- Lastly, add the baking powder, always stirring with a spatula. Mix until smooth.
- Spread set aside butter into baking pan. Add parchment paper, spread butter into it as well and pour the brownie dough.
- Cover with baru seeds, either ground or in halves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 min. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- In a small pan, add 1 cup of table cream.
- In medium heat, add the remaining chocolate chips and mix until melted, always stirring so it won't stick to bottom and sides.
- After 1 to 2 minutes, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Let the brownie cool down before cutting it. Serve it with the ganache and enjoy!
Side: While baking the brownie, prepare a chocolate ganache.